Who are some famous alto singers?
Top best answers to the question «Who are some famous alto singers»
- - Annie Lennox. Born in 1954, Annie Lennox is a Scottish songwriter and a singer… - Chaka Khan. Her real name is Yvette Marie Stevens, but you probably didn't know that, so we'll just stick with Chaka. - Cher… - Gladys Knight… - Oleta Adams… - Anita Baker… - Patsy Cline… - Sade… - Toni Braxton…
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Who are some famous alto singers?» often ask the following questions:
😎 Who are some famous alto female singers?
- Anita Baker.
- Oleta Adams.
- Annie Lennox.
- Toni Braxton.
- Gladys Knight.
- Tina Turner.
- Chaka Khan.
😎 What are some examples of alto singers?
- Famous singers who are actually altos would be Cher, Tracy Chapman and Annie Lennox. These singers are sometimes even mistaken for male tenors upon first listening. Most singers in pop that people like to say are altos are actually mezzos like Adele, Amy Winehouse, Miley Cyrus, and Lorde based on their vocal weight, tone, and range.
- Who are some famous female singers?
- Who are some famous girl singers?
- Who are some famous hawaiian singers?
😎 What are some good songs for alto female singers?
It refers to the second highest part of the vocal range for male and is the lowest standard female voice type. Here is a look at some great songs for female altos that are perfect to perform covers for and audition with. A Brand New Dress – Coco And All That Jazz – Chicago
- Who are some old famous singers?
- Why are some singers not famous?
- Who are some famous female country singers?
9 other answers
Famous alto singers 1. Anita Baker ( Contralto 3 Octaves C#3-C#6 ) Born in 1958 Anita Baker is one of the most famous alto singers in the world. She became famous with her hit album Rapture, more specifically with her song
Toni Braxton. Toni Michele Braxton was born in 1967. She became one of the most famous alto singers through sheer hard work and dedication. Selling over 67 million records the world over, Toni is an American singer, pianist, songwriter, actress, television personality, and record producer.
Famous singers who are actually altos would be Cher, Tracy Chapman and Annie Lennox. These singers are sometimes even mistaken for male tenors upon first listening. Most singers in pop that people like to say are altos are
Adele is possibly the most famous of the powerhouse alto singers. What makes Adele special in my opinion is not just simply her vocal characteristics, but also her emotion is so palpable. Her voice is also timeless; in this particular performance, she captivates us in the first phrase she sings.
Famous alto, or contralto, singers include Cher, Celine Dion, Grace Slick, and Mariah Carey. Other famous alto singers are Bette Midler, Bonnie Raitt, and Toni Braxton.
Alto's are the lower voice range of female singers. In choirs, there can be different types of altos as well: Alto 1, Alto 2, and contra-alto. Contra altos are women who can also sing male parts.
In non-classical music, singers are primarily defined by their genre and their gender, not their vocal range.  When the terms soprano , mezzo-soprano , contralto , tenor , baritone , and bass are used as descriptors of non-classical voices, they are applied more loosely than they would be to those of classical singers and generally refer only to the singer's perceived vocal range.
In non-classical music, singers are primarily defined by their genre and their gender not their vocal range.  When the terms soprano , mezzo-soprano , contralto , tenor , baritone , and bass are used as descriptors of non-classical voices, they are applied more loosely than they would be to those of classical singers and generally refer only to the singer's perceived vocal range.
Becca, Alyssa, and Lauren Barlow are best known to the world collectively as BarlowGirl. The three sisters from Elgin, Illinois live together, work together, worship together and make incredible music together.
We've handpicked 21 related questions for you, similar to «Who are some famous alto singers?» so you can surely find the answer!Who are some famous chinese singers from taiwan?
- Wakin Chau is a famous Chinese singer from Taiwan. He enjoys great popularity in Greater China and Southeast Asia. He has released more than 60 albums and sold more than 900 million records.
- Country & Western Performers; Name Born Status Died Age; Roy Acuff: 9/15/1903: dead: 11/23/1992 (89) John Anderson: 12/13/1954: alive: 65: Lynn Anderson: 9/26/1947: dead: 7/30/2015 (67) Eddy Arnold: 5/15/1918: dead: 5/8/2008 (89) Chet Atkins: 6/20/1924: dead: 6/30/2001 (77) Gene Autry: 9/29/1907: dead: 10/2/1998 (91) Hoyt Axton: 3/25/1938: dead ...
- Chris Knight, Country singer/songwriter from Slaughters. Loretta Lynn, the "Queen of Country" and her younger sister Crystal Gayle, both from Van Lear in Johnson County. Portrayed in the film Coal Miner's Daughter. John Michael Montgomery, born in Danville and raised in Garrard County.
- Trained in voice and the piano by her mother, she made her debut as Dido in Dido and Aeneas. The first Australian to earn a Grammy, she was also awarded the DBE. Spanish opera singer and conductor Plácido Domingo has performed in a variety of languages, such as English, Italian, French, Spanish, and German.
Singer-songwriter Ann Wilson and her sister guitarist Nancy Wilson joined the band Heart in the early 1970s. They became one of the most successful Canadian bands of all time. Heart has sold over 20 million albums and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2013. Ann Wilson released her first solo album "Hope & Glory" in 2007.Who are some famous singers from latin america?
- Julio Iglesias is an internationally renowned Latin balladeer and his hot sons, Enrique and Julio, Jr., both followed in their father’s footsteps. One just happens to be way more famous in the United States than the other. Julio Iglesias, Jr. is not only a pop star, but former fashion model and winner of CMT’s Gone Country.
- The winners were a group named Skeleton Crew, who didn't record songs either. Britney Spears was another star who appeared in Star Search when she was 11 years old, and she performed Love Can Build A Bridge. She was already familiar with the cameras, since Britney played small parts in commercials, but it is not the same as singing in public.
Decade - 1940s. Who are some famous singers from the 1940s? Wiki User. ∙ 2015-12-10 20:08:27. See Answer. Best Answer. Copy. Kay Kyser, Louis Jordan, The Ink Spots. These are the few I know.Who are some famous singers from x factor?
- Ally Brooke, Normani Kordei, Lauren Jauregui e Dinah Jane and Camila Cabello were contestants in the X Factor in the United States. They tried different names as Lylas, 1432, and they finally settled for Fifth Harmony. Camila Cabello was the first one to leave the group.
- Superstar Singer: Rufus Wainwright. Singer In Their Shadow: Martha Wainwright. Rufus and Martha Wainwright are another pair of siblings from a musical family. Their parents are folk singers Kate McGarrigle and Loudon Wainwright III, Rufus is just the one who’s broken out in a big way.
- While there were many opera singers who lived up to their 80s and even 90s, the general situation with singers is horrible. There were dozens of famous singers who died in their 20s: – Hank Williams 29. – John Spence, 18. Why do singers often die early?
- Some of the best artists use stage names including: 1 Katy Perry 2 Miley Cyrus 3 Nicki Minaj 4 Drake 5 P Diddy 6 Calvin Harris 7 Lorde 8 Bono 9 Lady Gaga 10 Elton John More items...
- Conway Twitty This country legend was almost a professional baseball player. Twitty was incredibly close to playing for the Philadelphia Phillies after playing baseball in high school. He was drafted into the Korean War before he could join the team and never returned to the sport. 3. Kip Moore Moore was a multi-talented athlete growing up.
- The most well known, legendary singers in the history of heavy metal did exactly that—sing. That includes the late Ronnie James Dio (Dio, Black Sabbath, Rainbow), Rob Halford of Judas Priest (who does scream on occasion, but 90% of the time he’s singing) and Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden.
- From throaty growls to melodic voices the list of notable singers from around the world would include the names of people like Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, a famous opera singer, and Eddie Vedder, the famous rock singer from the band Pearl Jam.
- 10 Famous Singers And Groups Discovered By Simon Cowell. Sinitta. We couldn’t talk about artists Simon has discovered without mentioning Sinitta. In the 1980s, Simon created Fanfare Records and signed pop ... Leona Lewis. Susan Boyle. One Direction. Jackie Evancho.
- Charlie Puth was yet another young singer who knew the impact YouTube could have for his career, and in 2009 he launched his own channel where he posted comedy videos and his own acoustic covers.
The treble clef is used for the soprano, mezzo-soprano, alto, contralto and tenor voices.Who are some famous opera singers who started it all?
Greek soprano Maria Callas, also known as “La Divina,” is considered one of the greatest opera singers of the 20th century. The Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award -winner was also in the news for her affair with shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis, her rivalry with Renata Tebaldi, and her gradually declining vocal ability. 6 Placido DomingoWho are some famous black singers that are still relevant today?
- And though some might have gone before their time they still continue to reign in the hearts of their fans. Some of these famous Black singers whose emotions have been felt through their music are Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Tina Turner, and Beyoncé.
- Hudson never left the spotlight, and she is one of the most talented artists that were discovered on talent shows. The singer had a leading role in Dreamgirls. Hudson will also play Aretha Franklin, her greatest idol, in the movie Respect.