Top best answers to the question «Where does the term orchestra come from in music»
- It can also be applied to a big band jazz ensemble. The term orchestra derives from the Greek ορχήστρα, the name for the area in front of an ancient Greek stage reserved for the Greek chorus.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «Where does the term orchestra come from in music?» often ask the following questions:
😎 Where does the term house music come from?
The exact origins of the name are unclear, but many say house music was named after “The Warehouse” nightclub in Chicago's South Side. Chicago record stores would attract fans of the emerging sound by labeling dance records “as played at The Warehouse,” which became shortened to “house music.”
- Where does the term mc come from in music?
- Where does the term sordino come from in music?
- Where does the term triad come from in music?
😎 Where does the term pop music come from?
According to the website of The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, the term "pop music" "originated in Britain in the mid-1950s as a description for rock and roll and the new youth music styles that it influenced".
- Where did the term house music come from?
- Where does bhangra music come from?
- Where does blues music come from?
😎 Where does the term bridge come from in music?
- In music, a Bridge is a very common section found in many different styles of music. It is found in almost every pop song nowadays, and its roots go back to the classical era and even before. You’ve probably heard it used like the terms verse or chorus as another section in basic song structure.
- Where does lambada music come from?
- Where did the term " cover song " come from?
- Where does royalty free music come from?
We've handpicked 22 related questions for you, similar to «Where does the term orchestra come from in music?» so you can surely find the answer!Where did music come from?
Consequently, the first music may have been invented in Africa and then evolved to become a fundamental constituent of human life, using various different materials to make various instruments.Where does a music theme cake come from?
- These music theme cakes come from a small cake decorating idea whereas the inspiration and objective of the designer serve as the foundation to make a deliciously creative cake design. From musical notes to instruments, the cakes are stunningly delicious.
First, you can only play from your preferred music service, which for many people might be all they use. I, however, have three different services linked to Google Home: YouTube Music (my default), Pandora and SiriusXM.Where does the can-can music come from?
Cancan, lively and risqué dance of French or Algerian origin, usually performed onstage by four women. Known for its high kicks in unison that exposed both the petticoat and the leg, the cancan was popular in Parisian dance halls in the 1830s and appeared in variety shows and revues in the 1840s.Where does the music in arabic come from?
- Arabic pop music. Arabic pop music or Arab pop is a subgenre of pop music and Arabic music. Arabic pop is mainly produced and originated in Cairo, Egypt; with Beirut as a secondary center.
- It’s both a musical style and a dance typical of Andalucía, the southern region of Spain. Originally, it was the traditional dance and music of the Andalusian gitanos (gypsies). Even though flamenco is still deeply connected to the gypsy culture, many payos (non-gypsies) have contributed to expand it both in Spain and overseas.
- Their music takes on the form of various cultural routes, from places around the world such as Ireland, England, Cornwall and Iran.
- “Trance music goes way back to the early caveman. They were dancing around the campfire at night and banging bones on bones, making a little percussion, chanting, and going into trance under the moon and the stars. Today, in the 21st century, we are still doing the same thing.
- Noise music, therefore, comes from artists purposefully activating that noise. And since that noise comes from an infinite number of contexts, it’s impossible to map the history of noise music, or even to document the entire contemporary noise scene. Both, by definition, are constantly and unendingly regenerating. I happen to agree with Novak.
Where was country music born? If you said Nashville, you'd be wrong. The right answer is Bristol, Tennessee. Bristol is on the Tennessee and Virginia border, where Appalachian mountain folk music has been popular for generations. Many of the fiddle tunes and song styles came over from the British Isles in the 1700s.Where did electronic music come from?
Music produced solely from electronic generators was first produced in Germany in 1953. Electronic music was also created in Japan and the United States beginning in the 1950s and Algorithmic composition with computers was first demonstrated in the same decade.Where did house music come from?
House, style of high-tempo, electronic dance music that originated in Chicago in the early 1980s and spread internationally.Where did irish music come from?
The deeper origins of Irish music can be traced back to the Iron Age Celtic era. Celts originated in central Europe around 500BC. Celtic civilisation spread in all directions across Europe.Where did music genres come from?
Most times the originator isn't known, and the songs remained a tradition over many generations. Folk revivals in the mid-1900s created a new form of popular folk music including folk rock, but the origin is anchored in 1800s. Genre is taking inspiration from memorized oral traditions and cultures.Where did pop music come from?
Pop is a genre of popular music that originated in its modern form during the mid-1950s in the United States and the United Kingdom.Where did rap music come from?
New York CityRap as a genre began at block parties in New York City in the early 1970s, when DJs began isolating the percussion breaks of funk, soul, and disco songs and extending them. MCs tasked with introducing the DJs and keeping the crowd energized would talk between songs, joking and generally interacting with the audience. Where did reggae music come from?
Reggae, style of popular music that originated in Jamaica in the late 1960s and quickly emerged as the country's dominant music. By the 1970s it had become an international style that was particularly popular in Britain, the United States, and Africa.Where did rock music come from?
Rock and roll, also called rock 'n' roll or rock & roll, style of popular music that originated in the United States in the mid-1950s and that evolved by the mid-1960s into the more encompassing international style known as rock music, though the latter also continued to be known as rock and roll.Where did salsa music come from?
The roots of salsa (Spanish: “sauce”) are in the son. Combining elements of the Spanish guitar-playing tradition with the rhythmic complexity and call-and-response vocal tradition of African musical sources, the son originated in rural eastern Cuba and spread to Havana in the first decades of the 20th century.Where does bounce music come from in new orleans?
- Heard over the speakers of local bars and clubs, through the windows of Saturday night party buses around the city or along the second line route, bounce music lives throughout New Orleans. What is New Orleans Bounce music? Bounce is a unique and original music genre that derives from New Orleans’ club scene.
- French Antilles hip hop. The French Antilles hip hop is a style of hip hop music originating from the French departments of Guadeloupe and Martinique in the Caribbean. Usually in French and Antillean creole, the French Antilles hip hop is most popular in the French Antilles and France .
- At around 2:35 this samples the chant "mama-se, mama-sa, ma-ma-koo-sa" from Michael Jackson's 1982 track, " Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' ."