Top best answers to the question «A band of musicians is or are»
Collective nouns, such as the word band, are generally singular in the United States; but for band names, most people go by the rule that if the band name sounds plural (like the Beatles or Black Eyed Peas), they treat the name as plural, and if the band name sounds singular (like Fall Out Boy or Coldplay), they treat ...
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «A band of musicians is or are?» often ask the following questions:
😎 What band has the best musicians?
Aerosmith is the best-selling American hard rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million records ... 43. Guns N' Roses
- How much do musicians per year band?
- How to find musicians for a band?
- How to tip band musicians at wedding?
😎 Which band has the best musicians?
The 10 best rock bands ever
- The Beatles. The Beatles are unquestionably the best and most important band in rock history, as well as the most compelling story…
- The Rolling Stones…
- The Grateful Dead…
- Velvet Underground…
- Led Zeppelin…
- Pink Floyd.
- What musicians worked in claude thornhill's band?
- Why do woman fall for band musicians?
- How can i find musicians for my band?
😎 Why do band have touring musicians?
In many cases, if a band has extra musicians on tour with them it's because their recordings contain more parts than the band members alone can play, or because reproducing a recording would require someone in the band to do more than one thing at a time, which might be difficult, or might detract fro.
- How many musicians constitute a big band heartstrings?
- How to find musicians to form a band?
- How to find musicians to start a band?
9 other answers
band noun. music a small group of musicians who play popular music such as jazz or rock: can be followed by a singular or plural verb
A rock band or pop band is a small musical ensemble that performs rock music, pop music, or a related genre.A four-piece band is the most common configuration in rock and pop music. In the early years, the configuration was typically two guitarists (a lead guitarist and a rhythm guitarist, with one of them singing lead vocals), a bassist, and a drummer (e.g. the Beatles, KISS, and Metallica).
a band of musicians in a sentence - Use a band of musicians in a sentence and its meaning 1. L閍ndre arrives with a band of musicians to serenade Isabelle. 2. Laner then assembled a band of musicians from the Los Angeles music scene. click for more sentences of a band of musicians...
In music, a band is a group of people (usually musicians) that get together to sing songs, or perform music. There are different kinds of bands that use different groups of instruments.
2. (Music, other) a group of musicians playing either brass and percussion instruments only ( brass band) or brass, woodwind, and percussion instruments ( concert band or military band) 3. (Pop Music) a group of musicians who play popular music, jazz, etc, often for dancing. 4.
A steel band is a group of musicians who play music on steel pan instruments. Steel pans are acoustic tuned percussion instruments recycled from oil drums, they are sometimes referred to as steel drums and originate from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean.
Jump to navigation Jump to search. List of Wikipedia list articles. This is a list of lists of musicians . Contents. Genre. Instrument. Location or nationality. Miscellanea. See also.
Cons Of Being In A Group Or Band. Ok, as I have to give both sides of the story, here are some of the negative things associated with being in a group. 1. Sometimes Members Slack Off. While a lot more work can get done if everyone pulls together and works on moving the band forward, it doesn’t always work like that.
Being a business can make it easier for your band to lease or purchase equipment. Instead of one band member being financially and legally responsible, the band could use its business entity and bank account to sign the contract and make the payments. Record labels may be less hesitant to sign you. Your band as a business can hold the rights to any music you create, which negates the potential for any legal disputes over who owns those rights should the band split up at any point.
We've handpicked 22 related questions for you, similar to «A band of musicians is or are?» so you can surely find the answer!How to find other musicians for a band?
Section 1: Finding Musicians In 'Real Life'
- Put up an ad or notice at your local music store. It works…
- Check your local rehearsal rooms…
- Take group music lessons…
- Go to open mic nights and jam sessions…
- Ask your guitar or music teacher…
- Get your oldest friends together.
Classical chamber ensembles of six (sextet), seven (septet), or eight musicians (octet) are fairly common; use of latinate terms for larger groups is rare, except for the nonet (nine musicians).What groups are usually associated with string band musicians?
Some of these groups that certainly could be considered African American “string bands,” in the broader sense, include the Mississippi Sheiks, Gus Cannon's various ensembles, the Cats and the Fiddle, and the Spirits of Rhythm.Which of the following musicians were big band leaders?
Meet the Big Band Masters
- Glen Miller.
- Tommy Dorsey.
- Harry James.
- Benny Goodman.
- Artie Shaw.
- Duke Ellington.
- Jimmy Dorsey.
- Les Brown.
threeSteve Longo, Ed Chevy and Bob Hiltermann are the musicians of Beethoven's Nightmare, a rock band playing Oct. 20 in Tempe. All three men are deaf. How many musicians needed to be called a big band?
A big band is a type of musical ensemble of jazz music that usually consists of ten or more musicians with four sections: saxophones, trumpets, trombones, and a rhythm section. Big bands originated during the early 1910s and dominated jazz in the early 1940s when swing was most popular. The term "big band" is also used to describe a genre of music, although this was not the only style of music played by big bands. Big bands started as accompaniment for dancing. In contrast to the ...How much do live band musicians get paid in singapore?
The average salary for a musician is $2,311 per month in Singapore.How do i find musicians to play with or join a band?
- So, here are 25 ways to find musicians to play with or find a band to join in your area! 1. Put up an ad or notice at your local music store It works. Incredibly, U2 was formed after drummer Larry Mullen Jr. put up a notice...
I think musicians dating musicians is a very great idea. It not only gives you something in common, but your partner can also feel more involved in the music side of your life. The girl I am dating now is a musician and it works out great for both of us.Can musicians date non musicians?
Generally not musicians date any other profession person also. In those persons of course musicians also present. But they don't date only musicians.Should musicians date other musicians?
Musicians dating other musicians is a perfect combination because they'll get to share experiences and hacks on how to improve their crafts. More so, It's relatively easy to make your partner understand things. Just because you guys are into the same profession doesn't mean it will magically work out as planned.Is scorpion a famous band?
Known best for their 1984 anthem "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and the 1990 ballad "Wind of Change," German rockers Scorpions have sold over 22 million records, making them one of the most successful rock bands to ever come out of Continental Europe.What makes a music band?
A rock band is a small ensemble of musicians who perform rock music. Rock bands may include a variety of instruments, but the most common configuration is a 4-part band consisting of lead guitar, rhythm guitar, bass guitar, and drums. The lead vocalist may just sing, or play an instrument as well.How are black musicians different from white musicians?
- Many Black songwriters barely made a dime off of their creative work, while white musicians found radio airtime, fame, money, and notoriety, writes Chris Jancelewicz. Many Black songwriters barely made a dime off of their creative work, while white musicians found radio airtime, fame, money, and notoriety, writes Chris Jancelewicz.
- The Musicians’ Relief Fund helps union musicians who work gig to gig and are confronting extraordinary financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please Note: We have more applications than we can currently fund. We are pausing applications at this time and will reopen the process as more funds become available.
- These paintings each colorfully represent three musicians wearing masks in the tradition of the popular Italian theater Commedia dell'arte. Each painting features a Harlequin, a Pierrot, and a monk, who are generally believed to represent Picasso, Guillaume Apollinaire, and Max Jacob, respectively.
Results show that musicians' profiles were not generally rated as more attractive than non-musicians', but attractiveness did vary according to setting: private musicians were rated as most attractive, followed by non-musicians and public musicians.Are musicians depressed?
According to a 2019 study published by Swedish digital-distribution platform Record Union, the numbers are even starker: It found that 73 percent of independent musicians have battled stress, anxiety, and depression.Are musicians happier?
Musicians are one of the happiest careers in the United States… As it turns out, musicians rate their career happiness 4.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 8% of careers.Are musicians happy?
Musicians are one of the happiest careers in the United States. At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, musicians rate their career happiness 4.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 8% of careers.Are musicians introverts?
Despite the fact that you can usually find them rocking out on stage in front of a sold-out crowd, several of the biggest rock stars in the world are believed to be introverts. Some of these shy musicians cope with being introverted by developing elaborate stage personas, while others dive deep...Are musicians moody?
That gives work to emotions, imagination. That keep musicians aside of 'casual' people around. That inner 'player', which plays day and night without turn-off switch, makes them dark and moody. Moodiness is a part of the creative process and emanates out of concentration and focus on the job at hand.